Friday, August 31, 2007

quick update


School is great..hard though. I love step aerobics, math isn't too hard yet and English, I can tell will be very challenging and time consuming. tuesdays and Thursdays I am on campus from 8 til 3...whew long day, plus tons and tons of homework.

Our house appraised at $410k just like I had guessed. So Peter had asked his boss for a bonus of $10 and got it. It is sitting in the bank right now, my dad offered to help with $20k and then we were going to sell the expedition to make up the rest but it appears that Peter's dad is giving us $10k as well. We talked to some local realtors who project the housing market to continue dropping for the next 2 years and then we should see a slow steady climb. The more I think about it the more I think we should be done with trying to buy another house. We need to work on getting this one paid off so our kids will have something when we leave this earth.

Let's see. Jared went to work for a week in San Jose with Peter's company and is working just about 16 hour days. Peter spent the night out of town the night before last as he had to drive to Monterey then back to San Jose and it was too long of a drive especially considering the night before he got home near 8 pm and had to shower and go to bed for the next am drive to Monterey. He saw Jared working ad says he is a hard worker. I think he got a ll bent out of shape shen I told him Jared had no work ethic and was milking the system. He wrote an email to me saying he is working long hard hours and the guys like him so he does have good work ethic. So I said nothing more about his son. He he is obviously blinded by love. He went in to his normal work about a week ago at Lowes and told them he wants his job back and they said to get a release as usual and to come back the end of Sept.? What, the end of Sept.? So for now he is working for his dad and collecting disability pay. Gee don't see a problem there huh?

What else, oh Aiden is back in school. I sure missed him that first week. He has been home with me all summer and has gone back only Tues and Thurs like me, but still. His preschool diretor said they are getting a new preschool teacher for the 4 year olds. She will let me know what the curriculum looks like so I can coordinate with home schooling stuff. My dad bought Aiden a phonics kit for Kindergarten/learning to read. It does have leraning the abc in the kit so we are working on that too. People say Aiden is really smart and he is, but not with things like abc's and counting etc. He uses tons of words and knows a lot about different things, I think mostly because we discuss a lot of things with Aiden and treat him as if he is a bit older than he really is. Something that was also done with me as an only child.

Well writing all this crap has gotten boring so I will end for now.

1 comment:

CaliGirl said...

merry christmas girlie. thinking of you and hope all is well with you and your family.

big hugs to you.

(send me an email...i cant find your email addy)