Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I luv school and I luv my life

Okay well maybe not luv but I like it a lot. I got my test back from math...100% Woooo hooooo. I actually missed a few 1/2 pts here and there but because I got the bonus point right, I got 2 pts added back to my score. At this point I am doing better in math than reading. I got the second draft of my paper back today as well and I am still getting 4 out of 5. She sent me home with a grammar book and told me what to omit and what to add details on. Gah. I will be interested in seeing If I still get a B.

On Sunday we went to MAD house so Peter could get his 6 year clean and sober coin at the house meeting. Regular AA and NA meetings are held there daily as well but Sunday nights are reserved for clients and alumni. It is held in the converted garage of one of the houses. On the garage wall, which would have been the garage door, it is called the dead wall. It lists all the people that either lived at CSTL or went through Fair Oaks recovery, (I did both) that have died either intentionally or accidentally from our disease. Peter and I have several friends listed on that wall. We actually saw the husband of one of the female friends, who choked on her own vomit, alone in a hotel room. She left behind a 4 year old daughter and she also had an older child(ren) from a previous relationship. He said he had their daughter on his own since she was one. They found Laurie in Tiajuana apparently od'd and as I said, choked on her own vomit. I actually lived with or was in treatment with 4 out of the 5 people I knew who had either hung themselves or od'd. I left that meeting with a lot of gratitude. Gratitude for being alive, clean and sober and gratitude that I live where I live with Peter and our son. Those people were so fun, so lively, so beautiful and so kind. How sad for those who were left behind to mourn them.

No comments: