Friday, June 29, 2007

Getting ready for the BBQ.

Since I am obsessive compulsive, it is always a major ordeal having company over. It takes me two days, plus the day of the BBQ to clean the house and prepare the food. I don't kow why or when I became so particular about having the house clean before company came, to the point they could eat off the toilet or the floor, but I know my family thinks I am wasting my time. My dad is a slob, so I know I got it from my mom. I remember as a kid that if I didn't mop the floor by hand good enough, she would make me do the whole thing over again. So I suppose I carried this attitude of perfection into adult hood.

I do not like having people in my house if you can visibly see dust on the tables. Something that happens a day or so after I polish the furniture, because we open the windows all over the house. Yesterday I went to te store and bought paste wax and waxed and buffed all of the living room furniture. I overly clean it one afternoon a while back and it left a cloudy film all over the tops of the wood furniture. I haven't been able to get it back to the original lustre since. The wax helped but my over zealous cleaning is going to force me to refinish the furniture. Something I have never done.

We are either going to have either BBQ steak, which will cost a lot, or BBQ chicken, home made potato salad, Citrus green bean salad, Harumi is bringing a pasta salad, and Peter's friends are bringing ribs and dessert. I guess Peter will be making his teriyaki sauce for the marinade. Speakin of I sure wish we could have figured out how to can that stuff. It was the only hold back from selling the stuff.

No comments: