Friday, June 22, 2007

My final letter to both Peter and Uncle Solar Am I a total bitch?

Dear Jeff,

The entire reason I asked you to call Carol was so that you could pin down an exact date of when she could pick Seiji up. You frequently had complained that Carol doesn't pick up Seiji on her scheduled days. I witnessed this myself on Mothers Day. I didn't want the same scenario to happen to me and I advised you of that verbally. I thought also by chance that if Carol knew I was the one taking care of Seiji that by chance she would want to pick up her son as scheduled. I guess I did not make myself clear. It wasn't just a matter of calling her or emailing her and saying hey by the way, Regina is watching our son. I could have done that myself.

Now I understand emergencies come up. We have one on our hands right now. I am not in a huff over it because Carol gave me the courtesy of calling and letting me know her mom was in the hospital and that she needed to wait for her brother to show before she could leave. By anyone's standards, I would guess that for 24/7 - 5 days in a row of watching two 3 year olds it is a challenge and not just because I am some self centered biotch. Maria was at the end of her patience yesterday when we had to take away the Thomas train set and put the two boys in separate rooms to play until they could play with each other with out fighting. She too can attest to this. I am not some uncaring, uncompassionate person who hates little kids. I merely had expectations that babysitting would only be for a few days and that I would have plenty of time between to take a break and then get ready for the BBQ on Sat. Thankfully Peter canc elled it for me, although it was not with out complete and utter diappointment that I am not a robot that can perform and do things for other people several days in a row. He is not very understanding when it comes to things like that. Regina

No comments: