Friday, June 22, 2007

letter to Peter

Peter,
I am grateful Maria ended up with us for the week, as she was a tremendous help. I told her that God must have had his hand in that one. Please try to remember though, that I am an only child. The majority of my entire life I have been alone, except of boyfriends in the home etc. I am not used to having company spending the night. So for me, even though Maria and Seiji are family, it still feels like her and Seiji are house guests. I never feel like I can let my hair down and relax. Probably just like you feel like when you have to go to Monti's house to visit. I know you aren't the most comfortable there. It really is the same feeling for me when company comes over. I need a break. I haven't had a break from company since last Sunday. I have been "ON" 24.7 for the last 6 days. Then it would have turned into 7 had we still planned on this BBQ. The kids were awake past 11 pm last night needing this or that. Seiji crying for his mommy and daddy, Aiden needing gas medicine and cream for his back and then tylenol for the pain and then them getting out of bed and hitting their heads, etc.

Truly I love your family and love being a part of. I enjoy them emensely so this has more to do with me needing my space back for a few days than it does them personally or any other guest for that matter. I know my limits. Perhaps you should go spend a week living with my dad to know what I am talking about. Ha! I just saw your eyes get big and a big fat NO flash across your brain. See what I am talking about? Although by far your family doesn't talk as much as my dad, but when you get the two kids together there isn't much difference. I know you can attest to this when you walk thru the front door every night. So, with that I would appreciate a little more understanding about not wanting the BBQ on Sat. I have felt like I have been going going since before finals. I started work on the house right away, then got sick and went to Six flags any way took a short break and then I was back at it again working on the house, having company again etc, etc.--

No comments: