Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Home improvement

The last of my work is to touch up pain the walls. I went to the paint shop an asked for a gallon to match the sample I had ofthe flat wall paint. I brought it home and put it on the wall. Two very large walls and several smaller. The larger walls I had covered from the bottom to half way up the wall and several feet long. The friggin color was too light. So I took it back in and they darkened it. So I tested it on the dining room area. It looked to be amatch so I kept on covering up the first paint job. I finished it up in the bedroom. Later in the day I noticed that it in fact was not a match and was still noticeably too light. Now I am a half gallon into the wrong color. I took it in yesterday and brought it home today. This time I will do a small patch in each room and then let it dry. No more stupidity. I hope it matches because I don't want to have to paint the entire walls.

We are still waiting to here from the mortgage guy who said we may qualify for a special program for people who are upside down in their loan. I asked Peter to call the guy for an update but he said that the mortgage broker said it would take a few weeks because it is a new program. I am getting impatient, especially since we have worked so hard these last several weeks getting the house spring cleaned, inside and out.

No comments: