Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No enabling here.

As it turns out Maria is having Chris help her today. I am glad because Chris knows a lot of people down there from family to church so she knows of atleast one woman that needs a room mate and she is also taking her to see the transitional home in South Sac today. Chris is a lot more compasionate towards Maria than I am. I know it is because she is new to dealing with Maria and her problems and she is very Christian like. I on the other hand don't buy into all of her bullshit. To enable her and coddle her is to kill her. Chris is a huge enabler both to her kids and other addicts/alcoholics. Afterall she put up with Peter shooting dope, spending all their money on doing dope and him fucking any thing that walked behind her back for 15 years. She says she did it for the kids. Actually Jared was the only kid and while her and Peter were separated they did nasty and she got pregnant with Andrew. 6 months after Andrew was born she met her current husband and tey have been together ever since. I bet she got together with him out of necessity too. A single mom with two kids having to raise them alone because the dad is off being stupid. She finally stopped letting Peter see the kids because it wasn't safe any more. So it takes her a while to finally say enough. I don't pretend to understand what Maria is going through and I don't show a whole lot of sympathy because she got herself into this mess. She is NOT a victim like she likes to think of herself. The sooner she starts taking resposibility for the things that happen to her the sooner shewill get better. I am good at though love and I think that is why I am a good parent and why I will make a good nurse. I can detach but still have a good bedside manner.

No comments: