Monday, April 23, 2007

Going back to work.

I haven't held a full time permanent job since 2001/2002 or so. I have made attempts here and there in 2002 or 2003 to temp. as an examier but nothing for more than a few months at a time. When I got pregnant then I just gave up working entirely. The goal was to raise our son at home.

Now with the possibility of not obtaining health insurance for myself, I may have to go back to work for the benefits. Peter and Aiden had/have health ins. through Nationwide. Since he hadn't heard from Blue Sheild and they had a deposit check, he went ahead and stopped th automatic deduction for our acct for Nationwide. That was last weekend. Now this weekend he got a mile long denial list from Blue Sheild. Needless to say we freaked. I contacted our broker office ver the weekend and today, so she is going to see if we can get it reinstated with out having to go through the application process. A lot has transpired with Peter's health since he applied with them and based on his current need for blood pressure meds, they would most likely deny him too. If that be the case I will definately have to go back to work. Peter's boss will not provide health insurance.

I know it wouldn't be entirely impossible to hold a job, have a family and go to school but I did not want so much on my plate. I would never see Aiden and I wouldn't do that. So I have been praying. I don't know if I should just buckle up and work to relieve some of Peter's stress and to get bene's for all of us or if I should try to perservere through school. They do have an ROP program in town. You have to go through their CNA prerequ. courses, medical terminology and physiology and anatomy,before you can take the LVN class. They have a few other prereques. as well but the schooling s mostly at night. I know that I can't hold a full time job and do that and take care of my family. It is too much.

Neither Peter nor myself want for me to have to drive to Sac.for work, so at best I imagine I could get a $10 hr receptionist job, in fact there was one listed on the net yesterday where Peter and Aiden go to their dr.'s. It was an 8-5pm job m-f and included bene's. It is just the registration and co-payment office where you sign in before going to your dr. The trouble is that I need Peter to get out some of my old paper work so I can see where I used to work and when. I worked at so many different insurance companies that I can't remember who I worked for and when. Either way I am not available to work until after my last final May 23, 2007. God please help me I don't know what to do?

No comments: