Friday, April 27, 2007

Insurance scam

I did a insurance quote thing online the other day. Before I even finished, an insurance agent called and we scheduled an appt. I got tired of waiting for our broker to do his job. She was with Mega health and life and the NASE, National Assoc for the self-employed. We thought it was a good deal. She wrote all the stuff out on paper instead of going over the actual policy. Clue number one, I failed to head. It appeared, based on her discription, to be a good plan for all of us. We could tailor it to fit our needs. After she left , I looked at the actual policy and for every service it says things like, will pay 70% up to and then they put a tiny cap on it. For example, they will pay for an ambulance 70% up to $250. Well Peter and I know damn well that a short stint to the hospital is over a thousand dollars. So, long story short, I am having Peter do a stop pay on the checks and I called her this am and told her to withdraw our application and mail the checks back. Okay I know what you are thinking and yes I learned my lesson.

I have a shit load of homework and I don't feel like doing it today. We bought Aiden a new blow up pool with a slide for this summer's hot weathe and he is dying to try it out. It probably will get warm enough today. I should have had that lady last niht blow it up. Her hot air would have had it up in no time.

No comments: