Wednesday, April 25, 2007

School, insurance and work ramblings

Since my reading teacher takes the higher two of the three finals, she knocked off my 1st mock final grade when filling out grade sheets. I am getting 98% in the class. Here is hoping I do much better on the next 2 finals. One of which is on Thursday but we can reference the reading material and it is not an essay. We are only required to write a thesis statement and a summary of the major details. It sounds a lot easier than it is, but I did well on the last assign., so I am hopeful.

I filled out one of those online insurance quotes and received a call from an insurance agent, before I was even done looking. She is going to come out tomorrow. I want to find out what can be done for us directly with an insurance co., as opposed to dealing with our broker. Our broker is nice and all but I believe he is too busy to be of the best service to us. She will come tomorrow after Peter gets home from work.

Peter and Aiden's insurance didn't get cancelled by the way. Our checks are in the mail, no really, the are.

Still not certain if I need to go back to work. I need to determine exactly how much our mortgage payment is going up per mo. and whether or not we can afford it on Peter's salary alone. If not, then I had better start looking now. And that makes me sad. I want to finish college. It seems like I always start something and then never finish it. Peter was relying on being able to afford it, after his boss comes through and gives him a pay increase. We all know that he can not rely on his boss. Even if his boss said, Peter you are getting a raise and it will be on the next check, that in all reality he wouldn't see it on his check until 6 months later. His ass-hole boss is that way. He is in Bali or the next three weeks anyway. Must be nice.

No comments: