Thursday, April 19, 2007

Virginia-Tech copy cat threat

Yeah we had a copy cat threat this am at Yuba College. It was not voted by Yuba College to have a campus wide evacuation, but when our math teacher got word that the alleged threat was to happen at our college, he said we could go. There were also concerns that he could go into any of the schools or daycares, so as I was picking Aiden up, so were many other parents. By the time I got to my son's school, the staff had already heard about the threat, but were not able to get a hold of local authorities to see what they should do. Aiden did tell me that the teachers told the children not to go outside. I was going to drive home my usual route but the sherrif's dept had the road blocked with the their cars. So I hurried on home in the other direction. I overheard one parent telling the preschool director that the crazy man lived on our side of town (Yuba city). The notice from the Sherriff dept. that was posted all over campus included the picture of the man and it said that this guy is armed, dangerous, wants to die by cop suicide and that he planned to do this at Yuba College,that he would put the Virginia Tech massacre to shame. He has supposedly been on drugs for several days. I also over heard that he is homeless which is making it difficult for the Sherrif dept to locate him. The source of that info was from the wife of a man who works for the fire dept. So we are at home eating lunch and will take an early nap.

Sometimes our world bites green donkey dongs.

I hear hellicopters from a distance.

No comments: