Monday, October 16, 2006

Dementia

I went to school today and dropped Aiden off at daycare. Apparently my dad's girlfriend called and left me a message so I called back but missed her. We finally were able to talk around 3 while Aiden was playing at the park before his nap. She was terribly upset. One of the five uncles that I have called my dad this AM and said he didn't want anyone in the family to know tha two weeks ago she had a hert attack and now she is showing signs of Dementia. My uncle stayed up all night with her last night and she was refusing to go to a dr. They had also sent out invitations to my Aunts birthday party on 11/4. I didn't get one but I want to go anyway if they are still having it. I feel aweful for my aunt. I knew something like this would happen because the last time I saw her she was well intoxicated and she had the shakes really bad. She shook bad at my baby shower too and there was no alcohol.

I can't understand why he would keep it from us and my dad's girlfriend downs't get it ether. We hardly ever see each other but I certainly want to see my aunt before she doesn't know who we are. My uncle who is a recovering alcoholic needs support from us too. Any ways she is going to get what the hell is going on from my dad tonight and then she is goig to secretly tell me and if my dad decides to tell me then I have to act surprised because I am not supposed to know. Lord we have a dysfunctional family!

No comments: