Monday, October 02, 2006

The coyote ugly family

I remember Helga's dog was very very pretty. It is what made me want to get a Shih Tzu in the first place. I also remembered that Helga and her daughter weren't so lucky in the pretty department. I met one of her daughter's in an AA meeting and that is when I had told Helga I bought a Shih Tzu after seeing her dog in the park. So when I learned it was Helga and her other daughter that were coming I was curious as to what the other daughter looked like. I agreed to the dog being bred with mine because I ASSUMED the offspring of Helga's dog would be pretty as well. WRONG. Helga's other dauther wasn't as coyote ugly but her friggin dog was. It's bottom jaw jutted forward making the teeth stick out of the lips constantly and the dog's coat was thin and stringy unlike my own dog's whose coat is thick and wavy. No wonder why my dog and her dog wouldn't do the nasty. I hope they didn't any way. I tried to have the lady come pick up her dog asap but she had to work that night til 11 so she said she would come the following am. which was Saturday am. Okay one more night wouldn't hurt and I don't have to get a dog from this litter if they did do the nasty.

So the following am the coyote ugly family came and picked up their dog. I answered the door and her kids were standing there. Mrs. Coyote Ugly was talking to Peter in the garage which is why I didn't notice she brought her husband. Her kids had lopsided faces and I felt sorry for them. I am not kidding either. We aren't talking barely visible lopsided (mine is lopsided by the way) but theirs was to the point that one eye sat much lower on the face than the other and one cheek was terribly more lopsided than the other. Holy crap Mrs. Coyote ugly finally came in the house through the garage and her hubby followed and that is when the title "Coyote Ugly" popped in my head. The kids looked just like the dad but the dad's face was much worse. I didn't think Helga's daughter was so bad looking so I was quite surprised to see she married someone that was so much less attractive than she is. I chalked it up to low self esteem. I kid you not I don't remember ever seeing a man so unattractive and that sounds really mean but that is what I remember thinking and I didn't even say anything about the family to Peter. We just agreed that their dog was FUGLY. Mrs. Coyote ugly informed me that she would have her fugly dog ultra sound in a few weeks to see if there were any pups. She thought there was a chance that they did the nasty the first night with out yellping. Is it possible that when dogs "do it" they don't yellp? God I hope not. I was thinking how horrible I agreed to pass on this horrible dog trait. A dog like hers should not be bred so the jutting jaw stops with her. Her dog is the reason people by dogs with a pedigree, as her dog was noticeably without a pedigree. Not so easy to distinuish with Buzz. I thought we got pretty lucky when selecting Buzz. Supposedly both his parents were full breed but then again the Coyote Ugly family's dog is full bred, but apparently the father of their dog or maybe even the mother passed on bad genes. It told Peter yesterday that their dog is the reason people will pay $1000 for a dog. He couldn't understand that before but now he sure can. He was saying yesterday, "that dog was soooooo ugly, I am sorry, but it was!" oh yeah, I was thinking to myself, ofcourse it was, it belonged to the coyote ugly family.

No comments: