Friday, October 27, 2006

Insurance crap

In order to go to work I would have to quit school and I don't want to quit so I called Kaiser yesterday. We are to far out so they won't even quote us. I then looked at health net and to cover the 3 of us there is a cheaper plan than what he is currently paying now. I don't know if it is comparable or better coverage or not. I hate insurance crap. You pay a fortune only to find out that they don't pay for much of anything. I think I want to pay a bit higher premium to get a lower deductable considering my back. For the first year they won't even pay for my preexisting condition or Peter's for that matter. I wonder if we should just put me on one insurance and keep what Aiden and Peter have before we decide to switch them over. It seems that we never know what is covered until we actually have to use it. Considering my back problems and family history of cancer I don't want to go with out insurance. I just wouldn't get the screening that I have now if I had no insurance.

Peter and I hadn't gotten married before in large part due to my health ins. Now that is out of the way there isn't much holding us back. I got a copy of my credit report and it isn't as bad as I thought. I do owe on a car that I let go and they auctioned it off and now want the balance due. Not sure if it has been dropped or if it is still pending. I don't want to call them either because it isn't like I could pay them yet.

One day before the party and we still need to get food and I need to make potatoe salad. I guess we are going to have hamburgers and hot dogs. Easy enough and Peter will most likely bbq while I sort out the games for the kids. Wren and Essay aren't coming now but Peter's friends daughter is is so there will barely enough kids to play games. I am about to start my period and I am moody and tired. That always seems to happen when we decide to have a party or get together.

No comments: