Monday, October 02, 2006

Ring update

Peter asked me to be patient when it came to diamond. I told him I would. Since I really am still undecided on the style of the engagement ring and wedding band, I told Peter I would just go with the .90 carat solitaire in a tiffany setting (plain band) then when we get married or even at the 5 year I could get the big diamond set in the engagement ring of my choice. he said that would be fine. He took a look that the sample I came up with and said he believed his brother could do a Simon G knock off but it would take a long long time because he has to first sculpt in by had and then he had to do a mold off of that then pour it. He said we could go to his brother's house to look at his studio and see what he could come up with. Whoo hoo. I may be engaged soon. Finally.

I showed Peter some wedding rings I thought would look nice on him. He said it was too soon to decide. That didn't make me too happy. He said we could get married at a year clean and sober and that is just around the corner. I have 9 months clean and sober this month and I am even off the Chantix now. So I am totally nicotine and Chantix free for about a week or more. I forgot to write down when I stopped taking it. I just did it before I ran out of pills to make sure I could do it with out the pills. I have now started to recommend Chantix to everyone I know that smokes. In fact I go to (gag) smoking meetings on Tues and Thurs and I should announce it at meetings just in case people are trying to quit.

No comments: