Tuesday, August 22, 2006

First day of school

It went well today. I was really early because I thought it started at 9:00 am but it started at 10:30. I went and had a huge breakfast at Denney's, read the paper, got my parking pass, checked to make sure I had the right book and then listened to my Go Gear outside our classroom. After class I went to a meeting, then to the grocery store for fresh produce, came home and unloaded gorceries, then completed my homework. The homework was really easy. I just wish the rest of the class was as easy but it's not. he gave a summary of the coarse work and I got lost on the first hard problem. I had to raise my hand and ask if he was going to slowly explain how to do the work and he said yes, whew. After the class the instructor asked if anyone didn't know where the ligrary was. Only two of us raised our hand. He took me and another woman over to the library and showed us his office and where to get tutoring. I actually got to speak to the woman who oversees the tutoring and I told her I would be in on Thursday to sign up. I told her I want to pass the class understanding the material. I also let it be known to my instructor that I haven't taken a math class in over 20 years. I hope he takes that info and for my selfish benefit goes really slow!!!

1 comment:

Just Me said...

First day jitters...DONE! Math is kind of like ridding a bike. Once you get back into the grove of things I know you'll breeze on by. I know you'll do great,and being able to get a little help on the side will just make you more confident. GOOD LUCK! :)