Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Peter's sister

Peter's sister called me today. She is totally suicidal. She was also intoxicated. She takes 7 different meds from anti depressants, antipsychotics, bipolar, etc. She says she is in a manic stage and hasn't slept in 3 days. Everything I suggested she implied would not work. She said that none of her medications have ever worked. I did not have a clue as to how to help her. She asked me not to tell Peter so he wouldn't preach at her and then tell her dad and make him worry. I am going to tell him any ways because I never know when she is really serious about suicide or not. She has been suicidal many many times over the past year and has been hospitalized for it but she is saying now that she is just ready for rest. She implied that no one would care if she were gone any way. I told her that wasn't true but she insisted that she has nothing to live for. I hate not knowing how to help someone.

No comments: