Monday, August 14, 2006

Must be thinking about marriage

We went shopping yesterday at Sams and Peter went over to the jewelry case and started looking at engagement/wedding rings. He has never done that on his own before. He has followed me when I went looking before but always dismissed it. This time he was saying for the price he would just have his brother make me a ring and I told him well we would get a better quality diamond but much smaller and I would rather have the bigger diamond. His brother also doesn't use prong settings and I like how the diamond can be seen in a prong setting. Intead he sort of wraps the diamond in gold or platinum so that you can only see the top of the diamond. I think it takes away from the refective properties as well. My heart shape diamond ring that his brother made is like that and it doesn't sparkle the way my other diamonds have.

Peter has also mentioned on several occasions that he has been thinking about getting married soon. It has taken me so long but I finally know I can make a committment to him for the rest of our lives. Before I couldn't because I didn't feel in my gut I could committ. Now that I am clean and sober I know I want to and that I can. We compliment each other in most areas despite our differences sexually.

No comments: