Friday, September 01, 2006

misc

I got a message this am from uncle solar saying that Seiji wants to see Aiden so he wanted to see about coming up today or tomorrow. I talked it over with Peter and he said he wanted to drive into Sac on Sat to see his kids and parents so I called Jeff back and suggested Sunday. He said that would work so we are having a bbq. I then called my dad and his gf and invited them. they are going to bring her grandson too. Peter doesn't know about all this but I am sure he won't mind. After all he has Monday off. He can get yard work done in the am and then kick back in the after noon except to show me how to make that teriyaki sauce. I still haven't learned. We ran into a snag because I can't find a recipe for canning it. As far as I can tell it will need to be pressure canned but I don't know how long so we are sort of stuck. I have looked all over the internet and can't find anything that talks about preserving Teriyaki sauce.

School is still easy. I took a quiz yesterday and am pretty certain I got an A. I think I got one problem wrong but I will see if the teacher let's it slide. It was the espanded notation and I couldn't remember if you say 6 thousands or 6 one thousands. So I wronte 6 one thousands and then when I checked later in the book it said 6 thousands so I don't know if he will let it slide or if it has to be precise.

I bought cousin Seiji some bday gifts since he turned 3 last week. I didn't want to spend too much because I wrote yet another check for $200 to uncle Solar so his electricity doesn't get turned off. We have lent him over $1000 now and don't expect it back. He should get out from under that house or get room mates. He is really in debt in a bad way and can't file for bankruptcy. I guess he borrowed 35k from Baba to get the house and I don't even know how he is going to repay her. Crazy!

I was supposed to have a dental appt today but I didn't confirm with dad in time so i cancelled. I am also chicken. It is the first time in about 15 years. I am embarrassed to even admit that. I had so much painful dental work done when I was a kid that I have a horrible fear of the dentist. I have broken and chipped teeth. 3 wisdom teeth that need to be pulled because the grew in sideways and it is too hard to keep clean. I have had a few infections because of them too. I have one cap, 4 bridges, I had to have my jaw reset with a bionator, I had to have teeth pushed forward and some teeth pushed back because I was born without 4 wisdom teeth and they had to bridge them. My bionater was like the 3 rd one from the left and the 3rd one from the rt. All of that was very painful so I just friggin dread the dentist. The bionator really wasn't painful but I had to wear it 24/7 except to eat for a long long time.

1 comment:

CaliGirl said...

have lots of catching up to do. big hugs to you...

want that link on my comments deleted? your call. :)