Sunday, September 24, 2006

We went to Ojiichan's 81st Birthday party at their house on Sat. Even my Dad and Monti went which was great because both sets of grandparents got to see Aiden this weekend. There were 10 to 15 grandkids there and it was great fun, very loud too. So much food it was crazy. Three lasagna's, tons of chicken and salads, and snack foods. They are so used to doing the buffet thing and arranging the food a certain way that I got kicked out of the kitchen. Any ways great fun.

Since the beginning of the week I have gone to 5 different Jewelry stores. I believe I am going to really go for the big solitaire. There were so many beautiful three stone settings with additional smaller diamonds running down the side and very intricate white gold designs but they were all $5000 and up. I have very expensive taste. She pulled out the $10K's before I told her my budget. Ha I nearly fainted and told her to please not pull out any more really expensive diamonds. I told her I did not want anything in an I clarity and no less than near colorless to bring down the price. So really she pulled out a .93 or .96 I can't remember that was an SI2, HI Color and I could live with that. It was a loose diaomond for $3795. and I wish I could put it in a nicer setting but I am opting for a plain band to again keep the cost down. Then later I will ask to put it in a different setting for sure. We will probably have to wait for a nicer one and just get a simple wrap around wedding band. Any ways, I told my dad what was going on and he seemed thrilled that we would be actually moving forward finally. So Peter asks me today if Pooles (the jeweler selling the .93-.96 diamond) had financing. I didn't know and couldn't find out today because they are closed on Sunday. I also went to Devon's and their diamonds with almost the same clarity and color are much more expensive and they claim that if I bring a piece of paper with the diamond specs. on their business card or similar they will beat the price. So I went home and saw that I already have it written down on their stationary. The only problem is that I wrote all over it too. So I am going to bring it in tomorrow when the manager is in and see if I can talk them down on both a loose diamond and a setting. They call it a "mounting" but you know what I mean. I doubt they will and it would most likely still be more than the estimated $4200 that the Pooles ring will cost. Even if I went there for a loose diamond they could take 20% off if we finance it with our own credit card or cash but I told the dude that their diamonds are too expensive even after the 20% off! It seems every where I look the price of a 1 carat with the same color and clarity I want are all way to expensivie so I think we are getting a deal. Zales sells there 1 carats for $5 and $6k and an I clarity which means you can visibly see the inclusions and most likely it will make even a good color look dark because of it. Okay enough about rings. I have been obsessed lately!! Oh heavens I just looked at the clock and it is 12:30 shit I have a tile guy coming at 8 to replace cracked floor tiles (finally) going to bed. AHHG!

No comments: