Friday, September 22, 2006

Addict

As it turns out Andrew didn't go to Sutter Psyche, instead he went to Sierra Vista. Peter spoke with him yesterday and last night and Andrews spirits have lifted. Perhaps he gave in. That would be a good thing as that is part of the first step to recovery. He is one of those teens though that is extremely rebellious, extremely self centered and has only just begun his journey of addiction so I only see this drug free period as a pit stop. He is at a new high school and making a place for himself among peers. He has already chosen the wrong croud so with someone that has such low self esteen and such low self worth I do not expect him to return from the hospital and have the courage to find a new group of friends. If he has the craving and is hanging with a group of kids that get high his chances of recovery most likely will not happen until he is out of high school, if he isn't dead or in juvenile hall first. How do I know this? He is walking in my shoes and with a lot more anger than I ever had at that age. I believe deep down he is still effected by the divorce of his parents. Peter dropped out of the kids lives when Andrew was first born. His step dad has been in his life since Andrew was 6 months old. How heart breaking and confusing to learn that your real dad was out there but he was not with his mom.

Ah see why I stay.

No comments: