Monday, September 11, 2006

This weekend was spent celebrating my dad's 69th birthday and hanging out on Sunday. The only thing I did really was go to Sams club. I was a football widow. That is perfectly fine by me because I can do my thing on those days. Aiden was a brat yesterday though. He was not listening to us at all and got a huge swat from Peter right in the middle of the store. Later in the eve we all went for a family walk. I love those times. I feel like we are just an average all american family. Something that I think a lot of people take for granted.

I have always felt different and let's face it to be an alcoholic-addict is a bit didfferent. So to be clean and sober living in a beautiful home with family leading the life of a stay at home mom and student is a gift from God. I do not take it for granted. Atleast I don't think I do. We spent some time telling each other just how lucky we are to have each other. I think I came out the more spoiled one but hey aren't women supposed to be taken care of. We lead the traditional rolls of family in our home and that was the way both of us were raised so it suits us well. I can remember my husband from my first marriage wanted it that way and I was too young so I told him to take a hike. I had refused to do his laundry. Now days I feel like I am not doing my job if Peter has to throw in a load of laundry himself. I wonder if I will want to be so traditional once I start full time school or full time work??? I did it all before during my long engagement and second marriage but I didn't have a child then.

I hit the grocery store today and as we passed each customer Aiden said hello and if they asked him "How are you?" he would reply "I'm Aiden, what' u doing?" He would announce to every passerby that he was grocery shopping as he proudly pushed his mini size grocery cart through the store. I don't think a few people were amuzed when he would twirl the basket around and block the aisle. Most of the older people would actually stop and have a conversation with him. I have to assume that he got that outgoing personality from my dad. My dad will talk to anybody and everybody he comes across. Aiden is the same way and I just let him, keeping quite for the most part myself. I get a kick out of it really to see how sociable and friendly he is. He is the total opposite of me. I keep to myself for the most part and am to embarrassed to just shoot the breeze with people I don't know.

No comments: