Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Boss from hell.

Last night Peter came home and said his boss is constantly botching every time they talk. He got a call such as that a few minutes after he got home. The next thing I know is that Peter is screaming at his boss and is having to not only defend himself but explain to his boss that he is not doing side jobs behind his bosses back. WTF? They got off the phone sort of left hanging. At that point Peter was ready to tell him to go Fug off. Then he was concerned so he called back and said "where do we go from here, I am confused as to where I stand." So his boss left him hanging again by asking him to come up to the office tomorrow and they could discuss it. As it turns out they had a two hour lunch together hammering a bunch of shit out and Peter is glad that he cooled off before speaking to his boss again. Guess he still has a job but I project that it will not be too long before the next round of Boss bullshit happens. In fact I expect to see it on the next paycheck next Wednesday. I told Peter what ever his decision I will support him. I personally would not have put up with that kind of boss for so long....money motivates Peter more than me though. Then again I have never made a six figure salary either so I might put up with it like he does.

In a way I feel regretful that we racked up so much debt instead of banking the money so that if something did happen we would have something to fall back on. We wouldn't last 2 months as it is. Our saving has taken a dive and the loans we have given his brother haven't helped either. I have to admit I have a bit of a compulsive shopping problem myself. Doesn't matter if it is the grocery store or department store I can go overboard. Retail therapy I suppose. Sometimes I shop for something to do to get out of the house. To me it is no fun window shopping. I don't want to go unless I can spend. I didn't used to be that way but since being spoiled by Peter I have been. When it was my own money earned I budgeted much differently. If I was an active participant on the main account I think it would be different because I would know ho much I can or can not spend. As it is I spend on a separate account and at the end of the day Peter puts money in that account so we don't get overdrawn. So in one day I can spend like $300 and not even know if it is in our budget. (did that yesterday) Does that make sense?

No comments: