Thursday, July 13, 2006

I am still plugging away on my 4th step. My character defects are glaring and I feel very raw if that makes any sense. I am supposed to meet with my sponser tonight and I really don't feel like it. I wrote her an email any ways and told her that if Peter comes home in time I can still go over to her house. I haven't been calling her like I am supposed to. I feel like I am a burden to her right now because she is going through a divorce and still getting to know her son and her role as a mom which will end up being a single mom role when her husband moves out. I guess that won't be for a while though. We haven't seen each other for a while because someone on one side or the other was sick, Aiden, her and me all at different times. I should have confirmed our meeting one way or the other and now I am beating myself up over not being responsible. I am a work in progress so I have to remember progress not perfection. Really who in the world wants to examine themselves and every horrible thing they ever did and what the motive was behind it then have to tell another person? UM, I suppose practicing catholics do but as a general rule us alcoholics have gotten into alot more trouble than the average person, ie. fist fights, jail, institutions, divorce, getting fired, running down the street naked. Yes I did that once in a black out. I never wanted to see the neighbors again for as long as I lived.

No comments: