Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Special boy

I have been reading a story about a boy named Derek that has cancer and his mother's journey taking care of him and her family in the midst of this crisis in the Sac Bee. It was a four part story that ended today. Here is the first of the four parts, the other three can be read only by registering for the online newspaper. I wish you all could read it. I cried every time I read a new part. The mother had unfathomable (is that a word?) courage. More than I ever had when my mother was dying. I think it was good to write her story because too many people don't understand what happens. I certainly didn't at the time but looking back I now understand the whole dying process. Cyndie went through more than any mother should ever have to endure. I feel grateful though that I have a healthy son and pray that I continue to have a healthy son. You just never know when God wants your loved ones home.

No comments: