Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Snag

This whole business thing appeared to be pretty easy til I hit the County Health Dept today and found out that we can not actually make our teriyaki sauce at our home. We have to make it an approved kitchen. I was given a list of preapproved sites that rent their kitchen out. I had hoped to work out of the home. Perhaps we can rent the kitchen for the days Aiden is in daycare. Peter told me not to get discouraged and to check into the cost. I picked up the paper work to file an application for a business license and a permit to sell from our home (zoning clearance) I still need to contact the Board of Equalization and the State Health Dept. Will leave that for tomorrow. I told Peter I want to do this project legally because if we didn't we would always be limited in our ability to make our business grow. Who knows we may eventually sell our product in stores. What matters most right now though is trying and believing in our product. I wouldn't even consider doing this if the teriyaki sauce was just mediocre. I truly have not tasted a better sauce and anyone that has tried it hasn't tasted anything better either. I want to be able to sell the same quality to people with out preservatives or anything to alter the flavor which is why we are leaning toward canning our sauce. There is so much still to be rearched!!! Whew. I thought this was going to be abit easier but it isn't. Peter is more excited about it now that I am. I knew it wouldn't take him long to get on board. He is in sales and can sell ice to an eskimo so he will be great at selling our sauce.

Aiden has not been wanting a nap lately and it is making for a very difficult late afternoon/evening. He becomes uncooperative, throws temper tantrums and refuses to go to bed. He tried to even bite me last night but I stopped him mid way and planted his butt in the naughty chair. He is funny these days. He tells me I am potty trained and that I get a sticker!! Instead of saying Holy cow or good gracious he says holy gracious and I have no idea whre he got that from. He is getting better with counting and his alphabet. He knows all his colors and all his shapes. We were looking at a childrens book with animal character's in different uniforms to correspond with their occupation. The housekeeper was pushing a vacuum and Aiden says that's you mommy!! He has also started telling us off. If he doesn't like something we tell him to do or what we say he calls us piggy or poe and I am not sure what poe means but if you say it back to him he screams I am not a poe and then cries hysterically so to him it must mean a really bad word. Speaking of I have to go get him now.

No comments: