Friday, July 28, 2006

quilt

I have been wanting to get a quilt for our bed for the past year. The comforter set I bought when we first moved in I got off the net and when it came I was sadly disappointed. The pattern looked stupid and the material and labor cheap and thin. I had gone to Gottschalk's yesterday while Aiden was at daycare to scope out end of summer sale on clothes. No such luck so I browsed the small home section and they were having huge sales. I bought one pillow at 30% off and got the second one free, a light olive quilt with beautifl stitching and matching pillow shams at 50% off, and a creamer and sugar to match our crystal butter dish at 50% off. I am going back Sat to get the alternative down comforter for the winter. I had to ask Peter first about that because it would have made my purchase over $200.00 and he said go for it. Peter actually likes the quilt because it isn't all frilly and feminine. Because it is a solid color it actually is more masculine but because of the stitching it is feminine enough for me. I want to also get a cream colored accent pillow with flowers and stems that match the comforter. It is tied with a silk bow and is beautifully feminine. I still don't even sleep in that bed but I want Peter to be comfortable. I gave him the new extra firm pillow to try and he actually likes it too. He was using two old and flat pillows stacked on each other to sleep. Aiden doesn't like his medium pillow but wants my firm one instead so I am going back to get another extra firm for me. I personally don't care for the softness of the medium.

I am getting tired of not being able to post pictures. Our external hard drive is still screwed up and that is where I loaded picasa and hello. May have to just try it on the desk top. There are a ton of new pictures I would like to post so I am getting really mad at this point.

Made thai food for dinner tonight but ate alone because Peter was working late at the office. Aiden only sat at the table playing with chop sticks, a whisk and thongs, pretending to fish. he was not the least bit interested in food. I bought the thai food out of a box and damn it was good. There were rice noodles that were sweet and the sauce itself was a lot like kung pow chicken, sweet and spicy hot. I was lazy lazy today and still haven't taken a shower. I just brushed my hair, teeth and washed my face. I have not been sleeping well for the last week so it is catching up to me.

No comments: